Homes With No TVs Rising and Other Interesting TV Trends
The Kansas City Star passed on some interesting data from Nielsen on recent trends on TV ownership and household viewing.
Among the numbers that caught my eye:
- For the first time in the history of the survey (which began in 1975) U.S. households with no TV sets is expected to decline ( 114.7 million in 2012 from 115.9 million in 2011) That is a decline of nearly 1 percent.
- 3 percent of homes are TV free.
- Homes with 3 or more TVs increased from 55% in 2011 (of homes with TVs) to 56% in 2012.
- Average weekly TV viewing per household increased nearly an hour per week to a record 59 hours and 28 minutes per week.
- Homes with DVD players is expected to decline, to 85 percent in 2012 from a peak of 88 percent.
Any numbers that jump out to you?